Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Dan

Happy Birthday Dan




It's hard to believe another year has passed and that this is the fifth birthday Dan hasn't celebrated with us. I'm sure he found somewhere that serves Iron City and will have a few!! God knows, he has enough people up there to help him.
We will also be celebrating here.
Dan loved his birthday, so it seems fitting to celebrate his life on this day every year.
So this flag day as in the previous four, we will be at the Elbow Room (where Dan would be having a few if he were still with us).
For those of you whom I met after Dan's passing, you probably have heard enough stories to feel like you've known him anyhow, so stop by.
You've all earned it by listening to my crying jaggs after a few too many at Mardi Gras.
Also, it is Thursday, and we all know what that means. We are going to have Anger Management along with Dan's birthday.
I have my priorities in order...........

The Anger Management Girls are proof that I have a sense of humor,
which Dan always thought I lacked. He told me I take life way too seriously. Too bad he had to die for me to learn that.
I could hear him now, legs crossed, smoking a cigarette, drinking a bottle of Iron and saying "Yeah, now she becomes fun......"
Oh well, story of my life. Always a little late, wrong place at wrong time, ect, ect.....

I will be at Elbow Room at 7:00. A little earlier than usual.
See you all then.

No comments: