Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish


Or Happy New Year.
I'm not a New Years Eve person. Stayed in most years. Met my husband one New Years Eve. I used to joke with him that I should have stayed home that year too. By the next New Years, we were married.
Through the years, we just enjoyed being home and inviting all of our friends over who didn't have baby sitters. Some years we had a house full, the next it would be just us. Both were ok with me.

2009 was not one of my favorite years. Come to think of it, 2000-09 was not my favorite decade. 2000 started out great. Our whole family went to Firstnight to ring in the new millennium. We had a blast. But then things started falling fast. My mom died that January, 2000. 9/11, Dan dying in 2003.....life as I knew it was over. The list could go on and on. I'll spare you most of the details.
But as my mother used to say, as bad as you think you have it, someone always has it worse. Reading this in this mornings paper makes me realize that. I have been reading Amy's blog for a while now. Words cannot express what this woman must be going through. So I better quit complaining.

But I'm putting my hope in the new decade.
Let's hope it gets better. (can't imagine it getting much worse!)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Judi said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEETIE!
Yes, let's hope for a better one. For all of us. I keep thinking that things weren't all that bad....were they? Then, I'm reminded of....and then.....and then.....
Yeah, so I guess it wasn't so great.
And, people keep saying...it's a clean slate. Fuck that. It's not a clean slate....it's just time to clean up the mess! Alright, alright, I'm very negative and cranky right now....
As for the article you referenced....thank you for posting that. It reminded me that I wanted to visit her blog. I have no clue how this woman survives. Makes me feel like a ninkcompoop bitching and moaning...
Onward Eileen!
Keep blogging!
Judi