Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Days Like This

My friends in bloggerland (i.e. Judi!)have been after me to post some pictures of my nephews wedding. I've been talking (obsessing) about this wedding for over a year.

First, a little summary.
As you all know, my sister (The Madonna) moved to DC in 1969 or 70. She eventually married, had children, and grew a life in Maryland. One would assume our family would have eventually grown apart with the miles and years. That's other families, ours.....well, we like to talk on the phone. Alot.

Every day of my life, I still talk to my sister. When my mother was alive, she also talked to my sister every day. Most days more than once. My sister would tell her something. Mum would call me. I would call my sister to confirm. And there started the cycle. Most days it was nothing more exciting than what we all were having for dinner.

Anyway, I'm telling you all this to show we are a close family. To say the least.

Fast forward 31 years. My nephew and godson Jeffrey, meets a nice girl at work in Maryland and falls in love. Head over heals in love. Bonus.......she's from Pittsburgh.

Since Jeff and Kristy reside in Maryland, I become their Pittsburgh wedding consultant. Can I just say that I had a blast doing that!!!!!! Since I have boys, I don't think I will have another opportunity to be such an active participant in someones wedding other than my own. Kristy and I spent days, hours, weekends together planning this wedding. One day we had breakfast, lunch and dinner on the run while looking at wedding venues. A big plus was that we have the same taste. E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E.

One of the things we wanted was to showcase Pittsburgh because most of those attending the wedding had never been to Pittsburgh. Can I just say that they were completely in awe of the city. I really mean it. They LOVED every minute of it.

Here a sample of the fruits of our labor.

Kristy and Jeff David
October 9, 2009
The ceremony: Heinz Chapel.

After the ceremony we all followed a bagpiper down the streets of Oakland to the reception.



The Venue: The Foyer of Carnegie Music Hall at the Museum in Oakland.By far the most beautiful place in the city to have a wedding.


The Bridal dance is done when everyone else (except wedding party) is up on the balcony for cocktails. The bride and groom are dancing in an empty ballroom. It give me goose bumps just writing about it. It reminds me of Cinderella. No one else in the world but the two of them!
This picture is sort of dark but shows everyone up in the balcony watching Jeff and Kristy.

The Cake

The Flowers

The Dancing


We had such a good time. Music was by the Dave Parker Band. Unbelievable. Everyone danced from beginning to end. Especially the rock star groomsmen!!!!(Pictured here with my niece Queen Elisabeth, who looks like she might have a gown malfunction in this picture) Can't believe they had last call at 1:30 a.m.


This is Kristy dancing with my father. (Who drank his FIRST drink EVER. He had a half glass of champagne. In all of his 86 years he never touched a drop of alcohol.)






We had the rehearsal dinner at the Roberto Clemente Museum in Engine House 25 in Lawrenceville. If you ever have a chance, check it out. Everyone loved it.

Our family and Kristy's had the time of our lives. Every last minute was perfect.

I pray they have many, many years of happiness!

If anyone needs a wedding planner, I'm available!

*Needless to say every time I have a "few" I tell Kristy that she was sent to Jeff by my mother. I know this in my heart of hearts because from the minute Jeffrey Andrew was born, she decided he was going to marry a "nice Pittsburgh girl!"

And THAT she is!! And she's so lucky to have found my Jeffrey Andrew David!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Absolutely Beautiful!! And a job well done Eileen!!

Judi said...

OMG!!!! You listened and obeyed! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Okay...I admit...you definitely ARE the Pittsburgh Wedding Planner! I bow to thee! Whoa! You truly did a fab job showcasing Pittsburgh and making it special for the bride and groom and your family. Love the pix of your dad! Hope he enjoyed his bubbly! He looks rosey-cheeked-Irish-eyed happy! Gorgeous!
As for everything....can I just say STUNNING? Everything is just so special. Your family is so lucky to have you. And, I just love the description of your family. Sisters are the best!
Anyway....
I saw a gorgeous pix of cousin Ginny but where is the picture of YOU? Come on! Own it!
Thanks for sharing this special family event with your devoted blog readers!
Happiness Always to the new couple!
Congrats to you for pulling off a very society page worthy event!
Onward!
Judi

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Judi,
You should have seen her Jimmy Chu shoes!!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures and sounds like it was a wonderful wedding day!!! Your nephew and his wife are beautiful!!! I'm sure a good time was had by all!!!!!!

Judi said...

What a great surprise for you to get a ticket to Bruce!! So jealous! Ugh....I wish I could have went! It's the first time that he stepped foot in my city and I wasn't there to welcome him...8-(
But, dad duty called and I knew early one that I wouldn't have a back-up.....
I hear it was a great great show!
Are you going to do a review for me???