Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Gift's That Keep On Giving


We think this country is in trouble now???? You ain't seen nothing yet if a few of these people get elected into office.

From Christine O'Donnell in Delaware

Sharon Angle telling Hispanic high school students they looked a little more Asian?

Not to mention Sara Palin endorsing a candidate for Pennsylvania that's actually running in West Virginia.

All I have to say is, can we just get a few smart people elected??? I don't care if they are Democratic or Republican, just as long as they are smarter than me! Really, is that too much to ask?

Everything I'm reading says Republicans are not going to give an inch if they take control of the Senate and the House. That's unfortunate. Isn't that what politics is? A game of compromises?

Either party that wins, it still does not do ordinary people like me any good. The very rich and the very poor are all taken care of. And people in the middle constantly get screwed. I think that is what bothers me the most. People in the middle falling for the far right bull shit. As a former long time Republican, I fell for it. Big time. Until my life situation changed and I saw a whole other side. There is just as much corporate welfare out there as there is poor people taking advantage of the system.

Seriously though, I'm betting(hoping) that when/if the Republicans gain the majority, a few of those ideas that they wouldn't even consider the past two years will be put back into action as ideas of their own and in two years they will be all "Look at what WE did!!

And that's ok with me. As long as we are done with the goofy commercials and I can watch TV again!!!

*One more thing, then I'll shut up about it. Why is no one mentioning that most people's Federal Taxes are actually LOWER in the two years since Obama became President.

1 comment:

Judi said...

OOOH there you are!!! Gee, and I thought I was going to see pix of the wedding and hear all about it!
Funny thing....my dad...the oldest staunch Democrat on this side of the river said to me the other day "This election is screwing with my TV watching! Just as long as they don't elect that little crazy girl from who knows where then that's all I care about. She is a witch you know.....oh, and she's a bitch too."
Loved it!
Only a few more days of this....!
Good point about Obama taxes!
Alright, now I wanna see those wedding pix....make sure to put one of you!!!
Onward!
Judi