Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nothing to Bitch about? How can that be?


I don't have anything to bitch about this week. Can you believe it?
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I am going to change the pace a little this week and talk about what a great weekend I had. At least that's where I'll start. As I've said before, I never know how these blog posts will end up. I'm sure I will find some complaint, somewhere in my weekend.
Went up to the Lake for the fourth. Was pretty uneventful, but relaxing. Watched movies and laid on beach for a few days. OK, sorry, I didn't even get through 8 sentences before finding something to bitch about. My father, God love him, is 83. He is hard of hearing and says he can't hear because everyone mumbles. I spent 4 whole days with him and had to repeat everything at least three times. That is exhausting. He also follows me around the house asking me what I am doing and why. If I want to take out the trash for him, he asks why, why am I doing it at that moment, he usually takes it out in the morning, why don't I wait till morning. If I do it anyway, he repeats over and over that if it were him, he would have waited until morning.
Then there is the ketchup story. I bought a big bottle of ketchup among other things. It was $1.33. He yelled at me because he hates big bottles of ketchup. He complained for three days. I finally lost my temper and told him to just throw the stupid bottle of ketchup away and buy a little bottle (which, by the way was the same price.)
I could go on and on, but you get the point. Needless to say, I was happy to be back on Alder Street.
Oh well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.
Back to the fun part of my weekend.
My niece, Elisabeth was in town for the weekend. She is now living in Washington DC and is moving to Chicago in three weeks.
She is the only granddaughter so we call her "Queen Elisabeth I"
What a great kid. She is 24 and since she has been a baby,we have a ball together.
We went to Sandcastle on Sunday.
Then went to the drive-in on Sunday night. What a blast.
She had never been to one, and I haven't been to one in about 25 years. We had so much fun. The place was packed. The only thing missing was the dancing hotdogs at intermission. But the man on the loud speaker seemed to have the same voice that is embedded in my memory. Could he still be working at age 105?
She had to be at the airport at 5:30 am on Monday morning, so instead to me getting up at 4:00 to drive her (That would have certainly given me something to bitch about), we got a room at the Hyatt right in the airport. She got up and could walk to her gate, and I could sleep and pretend I was on vacation.
Speaking of vacation. I am off work this week. Well, supposed to be anyhow. I am here now checking a few things. I wish I were on some exotic beach or something. (another thing to bitch about)
But I guess I can't complain, I work a total of 7 days in all of July.I know, tough life, but someones got to live it.....
Tomorrow we will be going to Hambones for Anger Management. Lizzy will be the bartender.
See you all around 8.
Maybe we can talk about planning an anger management fieldtrip to the drive-in. We will have fun, I promise.

No comments: