Saturday, November 03, 2007

My name is Eileen, I'm Irish and I HATE NOTRE DAME, So what.


I HATE NOTRE DAME!!!!!
There, I said it. I've just finished watching Navy-Notre Dame game. 3 OT and Navy finally wins. Ending a 43 year winning streak for the Fighting Irish.
WOO HOO!!
I love it, ESPN says "Even Navy has Notre Dame's number".
It's about time.
Creeps.
The last time Navy beat Notre Dame, Roger Staubach was quarterback, and a former co-worker of mine,Bruce Bickel played for the team. Bruce is probably one of the few truly good people I have met in my life.He's one of the few people in this world who, just by being in their presence makes you want to be a better person. He got quite an education when his office was behind Erin and me. He had many great stories to tell.
I digress, back to the reason the this post.
I HATE NOTRE DAME, and have ever since I can remember.
I know, I know, How can a nice Irish girl like me hate Notre Dame.
I honestly don't know. I've just always hated Notre Dame and all their cockiness.
I remember going there in 1980. It was freshman orientation. I had graduated from Mercyhurst. Ski and I were just cutting through on our way to Chicago.
I don't know what I expected, but I just remember thinking,"What's so great about this?" (Ok besides getting a good education)
As far as looks, I think my good ol' Mercyhurst is prettier.
When I think of Notre Dame, I think of the same Macho-ism that I hated about Central boys.
Oh well, they have been getting their butts kicked all over the place this year and I love every minute of it.
Yeah, I HATE NOTRE DAME.
(Except for Kevin, of course, he doesn't quite fit the mold, we won't mention this blog post to him, OK)
On the other hand, I love the Navel Academy. It's beautiful. It's a little macho, but in a different chivalrous kind of way.
Spent alot of time there in the 70's and early 80's. Even went to a commencement in 1981. It was unbelievable. We used to go the the Army-Navy games in Philly. Great fun.

Oh well. don't know why I felt the need to express this, figured I would while I was on a roll.

On a different note, but still football related. I am going to Monday's Steeler's game.
This is a funny story. (Aren't they all) My friend gave me the tickets. Turns out they are Joe Green's tickets. He is not using them because they are celebrating the 75th Anniversary team and they all have to sit together. So he gave them to my friend, who in turn gave them to me. 10th row, 50 yard line.
Just another example of how crazy life is. Headlines "Dumb girl from Lawrenceville lands Joe Green's season tickets"
Gee, Thanks Mean Joe.

All in all not a bad football day for me.
Pitt wins, BC loses, ND loses. Navy wins.If only Penn State would have lost, oh well, can't have it all.

Coming Attractions: Brose is ready to make us Mojita's again. Thursday, 11/15.
Mark your calendars.

We have to think of somewhere to go this Thursday. Rolands in the strip or Squirrel Hill Cafe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Squirrel Hill Cafe this week. We can go to Rolands the week after mojita night with Brose, that is if we live to tell the tale.

I am going to keep my blog name as Mrs Depp -- it is too confusing to change it with every romance and break up.It is ok with Johnny.

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Poor Mrs. Depp. I think they have support groups for ex-Mrs. Depps, oh wait, I think that's Anger Management
Squirrel Cage it is on Thursday.
You can cry in your beer.