Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santa Claus is Coming to Hambones!


dum, dum, dum, dum, you better watch out
you better not cry,
you better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to .......Hambones?


This Thursday we are going to Hambones for Anger Management.

Here's the deal. If you choose to participate everyone needs to bring something really stupid that they want to get rid of that's hanging around their house.
It's called Bad Santa, or Chinese Gift Exchange
All participants bring their gift to “the pile.” Gifts are wrapped, but are not labeled to reflect a sender or recipient. All participants draw a number (from a hat, perhaps) to determine their order. The participant with #1 unwraps any gift from the pile and then shows it to everyone. Each successive participant, in the order determined from the drawing, can either 1) "steal" an already opened gift (if there's one they really like) or 2) be adventurous and go for a wrapped gift from the pile. If the participant chooses to steal, the person whose gift is stolen now repeats their turn and either 1) steals another person's gift or 2) unwraps a new gift. This cycle of stealing can sometimes continue for a long time, until a new gift is chosen, at which point the turn is passed to the participant with the next number from the drawing.

Since items can be stolen, the item in your possession is not yours until the game is over. However, this is often amended with a rule declaring a gift "dead" or "safe" after it has been stolen a certain number of times (usually two or three). This helps the process go more smoothly (avoiding, for example, the hypothetical scenario of the same gift being stolen by every successive participant) and limits the disadvantage of being among the first to choose gifts.

Again, no one is to go out and buy a something nice. This is just something fun. It's not a complicated as it sounds. And who knows, one person's trash, might be another's treasure!Hopefully we can all take a break from the craziness of the season and celebrate.

New this week: I am going to start listing just a few things that piss me off during the week. ie, news events, politics, ordering bagels (just joking, almost) It could be anything that pops into my mind this particular week.

So here goes. I don't have a name for this yet, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated:
1. The whole UPMC lets send all the kids to school, aren't we great, by the way, we are only going to do this if you give us tax breaks.
Fuck you UPMC and your BILLIONS. You have alot of nerve.
2. IF I hear one more Celine Dion Christmas tune, I am going to slit my wrists. Maybe she will turn into a crack addict like Whitney and we can be done with her. They can get a BOGO at Betty Ford.
3. My heater broke in my car. Damn, it's cold.
4. Rodriguez leaving WVU for Michigan state. The only thing is, I can't decide whose side I am on in this mess. I know one thing, the donors are pissing me off a little by threatening to quit giving money to WVU. How about giving for educational purposes. He's a football coach for christ sake.
5. Pretty much all the Presidential Candidates. I hate them all. Somethings got to give for me here. I know, I know girls, you can all give me a hard time. I HATE,HATE fucking Hillary. I hate her voice, her fake smile, Did I mention I hate her?

I guess that's all I can think of for this week, since I am in the Holiday Spirit and all.
YES I AM!!!
OK I'll pray for my poor old soul Monday at Midnight Mass.
Oh wait, another thing that pisses me off. I knew I forgot something.
NO MIDNIGHT MASS.
What's up with that?
Who came up with that idea?
I don't want to go to mass on Monday at 4:00.
I'm sorry, but if you choose to be a priest. Your job description says you have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas since it is a big day in your chosen field and all.
Hey maybe I don't like working Monday's. Too bad, deal with it.

Hopefully see you all around 8 at Hambones.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: