Sunday, February 25, 2007

Francine, Chairman of the Board


Here's the thing.........don't get me wrong, I like being the Mayor of anger management and all, and I have a feeling the name is stuck with me and it's never going to go away, sort of like when we always try to change the name of anger management to something not so angry, we have great ideas after a "few" drinks. By the next week, we just go back to calling ourselves the AMG's. It's how people identify with us and we are becoming infamous about town.
Anyway, last night around 3:30 AM at Richard's Birthday party, I was being introduced to someone as "The Mayor". We got into the whole above-mentioned conversation.
Someone in a drunken slur comented that I was like the "Chairman of the Board" of the AMG's (remember it was 3:30 AM). I liked that. Hey, I can be the "Frank Sinatra" of our little group.
Francine was born. I could get into being Francine. So, I am changing my name from here on in to "Francine".
I feel like I should be smoking a cigarette.
Francine, Chairman of the Anger Management Girls". Whadaya think??????
Hopefully I can at least be Francine until next Thursday, when we run into someone, who asks why we are the AMG's bla, bla, bla, and I will again be "The Mayor"
Speaking of next Thursday.
I think Mullaney's Harp and Fiddle for the Animal Friends thing will be fun. I have heard Guananteed Irish and they are really good.
I know this will be hard girls, but just double click on the previous post for info on next week.(It will make it bigger and easier to read)
"The Season" is soon upon us, this will get some of us colleen's in the mode.
It will also help to keep me in my self imposed exile from that damn Mardi Gras. NO MORE.
Francine is not going to hang out at Mardi Gras ever again. I think I've made enough scene's in my short time hanging out there for my lifetime, thank you.
If you can't make it early at Mullaney's I have a feeling we will be there for the whole evening, so show up whenever you can.
See you all soon
FRANCINE

8 comments:

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

OUCH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Francine--it has been waaay tooo long...I need management....hope to see you all...Ms. Arsenal

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Listen Beyond the Tunnels:
Bless me father for WE ALL have sinned at one time or another at the gras.

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Mrs. Arsenal,
It has been way too long. This event sounds right up you alley.
Hopefully, that crazy husband of yours will skip "going out to play" with his friends this Thursday (his team might win in his absence), and let you come out to play. Tell his I said so. Bring Lola.

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if Eileen might need a hobby.

Anonymous said...

Could I be Deana?
Mare

Anonymous said...

Hey Francine!
This comes to you from the one who had the drunken slur when referring to you as the "Chairman of the Board, like Frank Sinatra" to which you then carried it the necessary steps forward in transforming it into Francine and a whole new persona unfolded before our very eyes. This could even be re-titled Chairman of the Broads if one is having any difficulty. To that end I have a suggestion that is in keeping with the new title and the new you. This has a story behind it which I will share with you next time we see one another. But until such time I motion that instead of AMG, the group could simply be named or referred to as AMBIT, Inc. If you are wondering what AMBIT stands for, it simply means Americas Bitches. We have a diverse crowd but if everyone was to agree that while we are in America we can be referred to as such then it may pass a vote. Just an idea with an Inc., behind it to give your new title its richly deserved prestige. In addition, when reserving table space one may find a greater emphasis placed on placement and service with an Inc., behind the request!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Too, too funny. Chairman of the Broads.
Yes, we were quite drunk when that whole conversation took place and needed little encouragement to get it going.....It fits. Love the AMBITS, Inc. also. Last time, we had a problem, we had little influence getting waited on at Walnut Grill. They are now off our list of favorable places.Maybe the Inc. would have helped.(Somehow I doubt it)