Wednesday, July 01, 2009


Just as Thursday is the new Friday and 50 is the new 30. Shur-Save is becoming my new Bruggers.
Why do I put myself through it? Why? Why do I bother going there. For those of you who don't know it, Shur Save is the old Bloomfield Foodland. It's purely white ghetto. Just like me!

But hey, it's cheap. Just like me!

So tonight I stop in just to pick up a few things. I go to the check out and my bill totals $10.20.
I go to hand the girl my twenty. She takes my $20 (or chwenty as Erin says!)bill and a split second later I say: Oh, here I have the twenty cents.
White trash cashier: No, I cannot take that once I put in the amount.
White trash customer (aka: ME): What? Just take the twenty cents and give me a ten back.
WTC: No, I have to give you back change for a $20.
WTC-Me: Well, you have the same amount in the register. Do you know how to count?
WTC: (Never looking at me) No, can't be done.
WTC-Me: OK here, give me the 80 cents. Thank you. Now here are three quarters, two dimes and one nickle. And here are 9 ones. May I have a $10.00 bill for this?
WTC: Sure, here.(Handing me a ten and still never looking at me.)

AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTC-Me: I sure hope you like working here. I think you will be here for a long time.

WHY. DO. I. PUT. MYSELF. THROUGH. THIS.
Just to save a buck!

No comments: