Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Times They Are a-Changin' (I Hope!)


Protest at Sarah Palin's Visit/Fundraiser in Pittsburgh!
This Friday, October 10, 2008
Outside the Westin Convention Center
1000 Penn Avenue
Starts about 3:30 pm

Sarah Palin will be in Pittsburgh this Friday, October 10, for a fundraiser at the Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Avenue.
Last week, with only 5 hours notice, hundreds of protester's showed up in Philly. You can see the protest on video -- www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bloXWsV1-w.
Let's see what we can do this time in Pittsburgh with a week's notice! The Palin event starts at 5:00 PM. Please plan to arrive at the site around 3:30 pm.
You can help. Spread the word. Then on Friday, bring a friend, bring a sign (if you can), and most of all, bring yourself to the event!
For more information, contact
Michael Morrill, Executive Director of Keystone Progress
610-568-0469-office
mike@keystoneprogress.org


Now I've never been one to be confused with the Angela Davis types of this world.
Quite the contrary. My Friends.
But you all know I'm pretty outraged with the whole Blinky and Winky show.
So I'm puttin' on my best Afro wig and heading to town.
But whatever will I put on my sign? (If I'm protesting, I have to have a sign)
Any ideas??????
I saw one from a protest in Philly that said "Irish Pubs Do Not Count as Foreign Policy Experience" If that were the case, I'd be Queen of the World.

Not to get off track, but I am watching the debates right now. Blinky just referred to Obama as "That one" when referencing something he said. Unbelievable.

If McCain says "My Friend" one more time I am going to puke.
Let's get one thing straight Blinky, you ARE NOT my friend. Never have been, never will be. You do not represent anything my family or me stand for. I do not trust a word you say. I think you are a liar. And you sold your soul to TRY to become President of the United States. And I pray every night that you are unsuccessful. I am tired of seeing your blinking, lying eyes every minute of every day on tv. You condescending, miserable old coot. You keep saying you know everything. You know nothing. Nothing about the needs of me and people like me. Especially the needs of the African American woman who asked you a question during this debate. You just showed what a classy guy you really are by ignoring Sen Obama's hand at the end of your charade. Blinky, you have some 'splain' to do.
So there. Hmmmph.........

Let me know who wants to join Sherri and me on Friday. And start the protest slogans comin'. Don't e-mail me. Put them in the comments section. It's not hard. I have faith that my AMG's can figure it out.

Make love not war, baby!

*Note: If any of you receive a collect call on Friday, please accept. It might be me calling for bail money.




Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

3 comments:

Judi said...

I could wear my new clogs and I make great signs--I have lots of colored markers! But, sadly, I have to work on Friday....our dreams of retiring early are slowly being dashed so I have to stay on the straight and narrow and go to work!!!
Is that picture for real? If so, I have to say...her coat is a Judi coat and I just love her little one's sass! Of course, I am not the poster child for family values nor do I claim to be. So, impressing me with a child that gives the finger and a fun coat is definitely not a good thing....! But, I wonder what her shoes look like....
Can't wait to hear about the protest....maybe I'll see ya on TV!!

Judi said...

Hey....
You asked for people to post on your blog if they are coming! What? Your readers are all wimps? Or, do they have to go to work just like me???
Maybe Sarah will wear a black trench with gold polka dots when she comes to Pittsburgh....she's folksy like that!
I'll be looking for ya on TV!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

They're not wimps, but they continue to e-mail me with their comments!!
Or better yet, they call!!!!!