Sunday, February 15, 2009

While We're On The Subject of Hugs and Kisses....


Six years after the death of my husband I still can't get over two things:

1. Every day I miss the look in his eyes. The look that says without a doubt, whatever happens in life, he loves me. There wasn't a day in our 20 plus years of marriage that we didn't know that we would spend the rest of our lives together. Those of you who've been on the receiving end of that look, know what I mean.

2. Kisses. We never, ever walked past each other, even in our house, without giving each other at least a peck on the cheek. I especially miss the kiss on my forehead he gave me each morning before he snuck out of the house to go to work at 4am.


*The sign in picture above was written by my son when he was in 7th or 8th grade. I found it with some other stuff while cleaning out some drawers a few years ago. Funny.

3 comments:

Irishembi said...

There should be more marriages like that. I'm sorry you lost him so young.

Your son is very much like my son. He often tells me in raised voice "TOO. MUCH. KISSING!"

Judi said...

OMG....I feel like a total shit bitching about my very alive husband....
Anyway....now that I've read your blog today, I will try really hard to be appreciative of how HE LOOKS at me....not the gifts he gives me.
I promise. At least for the next 24 hours.....

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Oh, believe me he had his days......